• : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/includes/ on line 644.
  • warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/ps2o8597dsgw/public_html/modules/taxonomy.module on line 1223.

SC Velo Thanks You

Team Powerade/Independent Fabrication thanks everybody who came out to race in the howling wind with us today.

Thank you to our title sponsor, Palmer Candy Company, for your support. Thank you to Chesterman Company for your generous contributions as well.

Twin Bing Classic Race Notes

Written by: Admin

The race course is ready to go. Corners have been swept and the Woodbury County road crew filled some potholes for us.

As of 7:00pm this evening the forecast is for an 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms overnight up until 7am Sunday. Tomorrow morning up until 1pm the forecast is free of rain. There's a 20% chance of rain after 1pm.

4th Annual Twin Bing Classic Road Race

The 2012 Twin Bing Classic is coming April 15th. Visit the race page from the menu for details.

Gran Fondo in Sioux City

Written by: Admin

Ever wanted to ride a Gran Fondo? Didn't feel like driving way far to do one? Here's your chance- starting in our backyard! The iGranFondo is set for July 21st starting from Sioux City and ending in Sioux Center. Registration opens February 10th. Whoever is organizing this plans to make it an annual event.

2011: The Year in Review

Written by: Admin

2011 was a good year for the Powerade/IF racing team although injuries sidelined two teammates from their typical race schedules. The Missouri River flooding also affected participation opportunities and hampered travel to some events too. We raced 136 times with 49 of them ending atop 3-step podiums. We earned 18 victories, 21 second places, 10 third places and 89 Top 10's overall.

Berryman Trail Epic & CX Results

Written by: Admin.

Jay Chesterman and Bill Feiges ventured to Steelville, Missouri for the 4th annual Berryman Trail Epic mtb race on October 22nd. The 55 mile race is dominated by single track with some fire roads over a figure 8-shaped course. 220 racers made the start.

CX Training in LeMars 10/23

This recently came to our inbox:

"Bike Central in conjunction with the City of Le Mars, Iowa is hosting a cyclocross training ride Sunday October 23rd at the Le Mars Municipal Park. If not familiar with Le Mars, the Park entrance is on Park Lane, which is a right turn off 4th Ave NE, north of Archie's Waeside Restaurant and the Fairgrounds. Willow Creek Golf Course is also on Park Lane. Signs will be posted at the gate of the park to direct you.

Recent Results

Written by: Admin

The cyclocross season is in full effect and the last two weekends have been busy for a few Powerade/IF off-roaders.

But first: A mountain bike race in Iowa in October? Yup. With the MTB season winding down Jay Chesterman went to Indianola for the Mullet Fall Classic at Lake Ahquabi State Park on October 9th. He finished 6th in the Cat 1 Expert race in the last event on the IORCA 2011 schedule.

Swenson Wins Twice in Nebraska

Written by: Admin

Four of the Powerade/IF dirt crew went to race the Omaha CX Weekend Opener at the familiar Swanson Park venue in Bellevue on Saturday and Sunday.

For being new to cyclocross, Casey Swenson has made it look pretty easy in the first two weekends of fall racing. He rode away early from the Cat 4 field to win Saturday's Swanson Park CX.

Kluck, Swenson Podium in Minnesota

Written by: Admin

Jeff Kluck and Casey Swenson kicked off the start to the cyclocross season with top 3 results in Minnesota the weekend of September 24-25th.

On Saturday at the Cross Conspiracy race in Corcoran, Jeff battled Doug Swanson (GrandStay Hotels) throughout the 1,2/35+ race but came up just short as Swanson edged him at the finish line for the win. No link is available but there is race writeup at

Chequamegon Results

Written by: Admin

Todd Juhlin and Brandon McCullough went to Cable, Wisconsin to compete in the 29th annual Chequamegon 40 mountain bike race today.

Todd finished 32nd in the 40-44 age group and 202nd overall with a time of 2:33:43. There were 1903 finishers overall.

Dakota Five-O Results

Written by: Admin

Jay Chesterman and Ken Peterson raced in the Black Hills area over the Labor Day weekend on September 4th at the popular Dakota Five-O mountain bike race.

Jay finished 6th in the 30-39 age group with a time of 4:02:12. He finished an outstanding 9th overall out of the 500+ starters.

Rob Livermore at Gravel World's

Admin note: This story is very long but well worth the read.

Written by: Rob Livermore

"Gravel World Championships." The 'world championships' part is totally tongue in cheek, but the gravel part is the real deal. 153.2 miles of rolling hills, gravel roads and minimum maintenance roads… nothing more, nothing less.

Results- SC Velo TT #4 + Series Overall

Written by Admin:

16 racers came out on the evening of August 31st for the finale of our 20k time trial series. Although still quite humid, the 10 mph south wind had started to diminish and the temperature had dropped a few degrees from the day's high 80's by the time the first soloist went off at 7:10.

Tough Guys Finish Epic Races

Written by: Admin

Ken Peterson and Rob Livermore banked some big time tough guy points recently when they finished the Leadville Trail 100 and the Gravel World Championships, respectively.

On August 12th at Leadville, Ken finished 227th in the M4 class (Men's 40-49) and 587th overall with a time of 10:19:35 over the 100 mile Rocky Mountains course to earn his belt buckle.

SC Velo Time Trial #4

Written by: Admin

The finale of our 20k time trial series will be Wednesday evening, August 31st. See the race page for details. Please park on the south side of the gravel road so that local farm machinery may pass through more easily.

SC Velo Time Trial Points Standings

The series points standings after 3 races:

Cat 1/2/3
Kenny Pike- 37
Jeremy Reimer- 20
Bill Feiges- 17

Cat 4/5
Caleb Vukovich- 40

Results- SC Velo TT #3

Written by: Admin

In stark contrast to the brutal heat of our last race, the evening of August 10th presented the 14 racers who came out with a pleasant 75 degrees and slight north breeze that became calm by the end.

Reminder: SC Velo TT #3

The 3rd race of our 20k time trial series is this Wednesday. Visit the race page for details.

Good ca$h prizes are being awarded for the series Top 3 overall in most categories this year along with bonus ca$h for course records. Looks like some easy money can be made in the 1/2/3's at this point. Don't let the opportunity pass. Come on out and compete.

SC Velo Time Trial Points Standings

The series points standings after 2 races:

Cat 1/2/3
Kenny Pike- 20

Cat 4/5
Ken Peterson- 29
Casey Swenson- 20
Caleb Vukovich- 20

Syndicate content